Re: Plan for tomorrow's (20070604) Release Engineering meeting

Josh Boyer wrote:
Um... no.  Because enabling development in the first place is a manual
step.  They are config files.  Pushing a release version of
fedora-release that blindly turned that off would violate the "don't
change users configs if they are modified" rule.

Right. In normal situations changing user configurations is something that we should not do.

 And it would piss off
the rawhide users that actually _want_ to remain on rawhide and help
test the next release of Fedora.

Testers usually want to test a single version of Fedora though. Folks who continuously run rawhide are probably low in number and should be experienced enough to switch back the devel repository.

Seriously, using rawhide is a manual choice that has to be made and if
you want to undo that, it should be manual as well.

Problem with that is many testers did not know when the devel repository moves beyond Fedora 7 into Fedora 8 and ended with a number of broken FC8 packages. I don't know whether we consider it a problem worth solving but I have seen it bite a considerably large number of folks this time.

Rahul