Re: Plan for tomorrow's (20070604) Release Engineering meeting

Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
Jesse Keating wrote:

If someone installs the RC version and they just want to get to the Final version when it's released, they do nothing except 'yum update' when the final version is released.

On a related note, I was running rawhide between test2 and F7 final. But yum didn't pick up any change to the fedora-release package, which left me picking up the first round of fc8 rebuilds after the dam broke, because I was still being pointed at the development repos. I spent a few hours on different machines downloading the F7 final packages that had been updated and manually rolling them back with "rpm -U --oldpackage". Ugh.

This is precisely what I wanted to avoid. Simply pushing out a updated fedora-release to the development tree which will point users to the general release repository before the next version updates are pushed out would avoid this problem. This time a number of people have been caught up by the devel - F8 changes.

Rahul