Re: koji: not building against koji-built packages? bug or user issue?

Jesse Keating wrote:
Just self updating the buildroot seems like a bad idea to me and some of my colleagues who have been doing RHL/RHEL stuff for far longer than I have. Ideally we'd have a way to chainbuild things together in such a way that it doesn't poison the rest of the buildroots for that tag, basically making them available for your build and your build alone. I honestly don't know what kind of work it would take to get this though.

Agreed we shouldn't auto update the buildroot.

Crazy thought:

Lazy chain. I personally am one of the people that needs to do multiple builds at a time with the Firefox set of updates. I do not like the idea of being forced to specify all the builds at one time, one bit. There are many cases where I wait to see the results of a build before pushing another build because it might alter what goes into that build. The ability to do make build ADD_TO_BR=firefox-x.y-z or similar as something I need to add to dependent packages is much more appealing than having to specify everything at once.