Re: Merge Review

Brian Pepple wrote:
On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 12:50 -0700, Chris Weyl wrote:
On 6/4/07, Ruben Kerkhof <ruben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Now that Fedora 7 is out the door, I'd like to ask what the plans are
for the big Merge Review.
There are still a lot of unassigned tickets, and I think all the
people working on the Review since january (thanks!) could use some
help.
Maybe we can do another Review Day before F-8?
This is something I'd personally like to see FESCo address.  If memory
serves, originally the intent of the merge reviews was to make sure
core packages were reviewed and complied to guidelines like any other
package.  As time wore on, for a variety of reasons the decision was
made (by FESCo?) to treat the review tix as "advisory" and not
blocking a package's inclusion in the Brave Merged World.

the plan is to have these bug be blockers for F8.

What happens when package reviews don't finish because the reviewers don't review it or package maintainers fix up the packages? Do we pull out packages (what if this was the kernel or glibc?) or delay release or is there other ideas?

Rahul