Re: broken deps outside of packagers control

On 18.04.2007 15:26, Hans de Goede wrote:
> [...]
This raises 2 issues:
1 Notice how the deps are only broken for the i386 version in the x86_64 tree,
   this is something outside my control. If script XXX decides to put a i386
   gnumeric in the x86_64 tree, then the script should also make sure it puts in
   all need deps from the i386 tree

perl.i386 was in the Core tree but got removed without proper announcement/discussion beforehand (and even worse: that happened on the day of the feature freeze). See
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-April/msg01004.html

2 Why does the script put the i386 version of gnumeric (an application) in
   the x86_64 tree at all? That just doesn't make sense.

I assume because there is a gnumeric-devel (the multilib-magic scripts afaik try to track in most of the devel packages, which thus tracks in the main package normally, too).

CU
thl