Re: New mirror layout for the merged core and extras

Jesse Keating said the following on 04/05/2007 01:59 PM Pacific Time:
On Thursday 05 April 2007 16:47:12 Roland McGrath wrote:
The final tree picture on the page shows all of:

        core/development
        development
        extras/development

are those supposed to be:

        core/development -> ../development
        development
        extras/development -> ../development

?  Or else, what does it mean?  We're not going to have both merged and
unmerged copies of all the development/ contents on mirrors are we?

For a period of time, the core/development and extras/development content will stick around as it was last updated. This will allow mirrors to have something to hardlink against for the new merged content in linux/development. After a short time, the core/development will become a symlink to linux/development as will extras/development become a symlink to the same place, for a period of time before the directories are expunged all together.

Why do we need the parent "linux" directory if it only has one child?  Seems to me that getting rid of it would be a nice think like happened to RPMS on the install disks.

John