Re: Fedora for tiny devices - exessive dependencies

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Monday 02 April 2007 15:44:51 Peter Lemenkov wrote:
Look, I understand that there are some people who like to read
eula-hula and other very interesting things that can be easily taken
from downloads.fedora.redhat.com or googled but I actually want to get
an opportunity not to install them. :)

This is here partly for upgrade paths. In the past, the release notes were a part of fedora-release anyway, there was no separation. We split them up so that the Docs folks could work on the notes independently from the fedora-release package. To ensure that notes stayed on the system in the event of upgrades, fedora-release requires the release-notes.

That said, for your tiny spin you could make an empty or tiny package that provided fedora-release-notes that just had a single file explaining what the LiveCD was for and all that. You would be able to save a lot of space with that. Of course, then you wouldn't be able to call it Fedora, but then again, I don't want to see something produced as "Fedora" that didn't include our release notes.

Hmm, I understand, but I find this a bit harsh, I actually find Peter's striving for a minimal minimal install a good thing, including the not including 600k of release notes? Can't we have a text only version of them or something like that??

Regards,

Hans