Re: The FHS /usr song (was: Core packages are using %config for files being installed under /usr)

On Monday 05 March 2007 06:39:09 Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> 1. When will you finally understand that rpm's %config has nothing to do
> with configurating a system. %config only specifies rpm's behavior upon
> handling of backups upon install.

A side effect of marking something %config is that an rpm -qc (show me config
files) will spit out that file and lead the user to believe he can edit said
file to do further configuration.  Perhaps you're trying to use the %config
hammer because there is no other way of doing file preservation without
marking it as a configuration file.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora