Re: RATIFIED: CVS Admin with Flags (Version 4)

On Tuesday 20 February 2007, Warren Togami wrote:
> Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > On Monday 19 February 2007, Warren Togami wrote:
> >> More Branches on Existing Packages
> > rather not receive...
>
> Somebody asking to change the owner of a package shouldn't be visible to
> everyone else?  I believe it should.

I believe so too [0], but that's not what I replied to.  See above, the reply
was to the chapter titled "More Branches on Existing Packages".  IMO there's
little reason to notify everyone on fedora-package-review about additional
branch requests done later (probably 2 mails per request as the flag gets
toggled between states).

[0] OTOH, I'm not sure about the fedora-package-review list being an
appropriate way to tell everyone about package owner change requests either
(a post to fedora-maintainers by a human involved would be much better), but
that's not the point here, and I'm not expecting the CVS admin flags stuff to
be a silver bullet to everything.