Re: Updates co-maintainership proposal

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 06:59:24AM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
FYI, I reworked the last proposal and some FESCo members looked over it and seemed to agree with it so far, too. See
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Schedule/EncourageComaintainership
for details. Please comment.

I stil see little of any value in this piece of prosa. Isn't FESCo's job to make procedures and guidelines to govern the project? Not write opinion articles for fwn?

Don't get me wrong co-maintainership can be a good thing, and we might need some infrastructure to facilitate this. What we do not need is a bunch of useless rules dictating people to search for co-maintainers.

I maintain a 100+ packages and would love to have one or more CAPABLE co-maintainers, but in my experience a lot of FE contributers have pretty sub standard (my standard that is) packaging skills and allowing them to modify my packages will only create more work not less.

Regards,

Hans