Re: Tcl packaging guidelines

MT> Following the precedent set by perl, python, and ruby, I've
MT> drafted a set of proposed guidelines for Tcl packages.

MT> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MichaelThomas/Tcl

After a couple of reads I'll say that to me these seem mostly sane and
it seems you've done a lot of work, but I know FA about Tcl so I
really can't really comment on many of the issues.

I'm concerned about how disruptive these are.  If every package is
going to need to be changed then we really need comments from as many
people as possible who are involved with tcl packaging.

One concern I do have is the naming guidelines; why not adopt a "tcl-"
prefix universally, at least for new packages?

 - J<