Re: Problems with core review

Warren Togami wrote:
Joe Orton wrote:

But I will always resist arbitrary changes which lack technical justification (or are just plain undesirable); the fact that such changes are proposed as part of the Review Process does not make them sacrosanct.

Regarding RPM_SOURCE_DIR vs. SOURCEn, doesn't the latter make it simply easier to read and maintain? The former requires you to have file names written in two or more places.

Sure it isn't against the rules to use the former, but why not make it cleaner and easier to read?

Maybe in packages with like two source files. In the gecko packages, it's sort of a pain. I have always loathed the numbering myself in these packages, not only for source files but also for patch files. I suppose I hadn't realized there was an alternative else I'd have probably switched a while ago.