Re: Summary from yesterdays (mini) FESCo meeting

On Sunday 31 December 2006 07:11, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> I don't see how this is relevant. I don't see how a checklist of MUST
> items *couldn't* keep an honest person from missing a MUST item.

I don't think arguing that having a condensed one line per rule checklist that
could be consulted during review.  I think this is a fine idea.  What people
(including me) are objecting to is forcing the reviewer to paste this list
into the review bug.

> If someone's intent on being actively dishonest, then we have a much
> greater problem than some half-assed package reviews slipping by.

Exactly.  If there is a problem with somebody just saying "APPROVED" and not
actually doing the review right, that same person will most likely just past
the checklist and quickly fill it out (or use a pre-filled list) and STILL
not actually review.  This doesn't do anything to solve the problem it just
hides it behind more useless noise.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora