Re: dist-hg proof-of-concept ready for use

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
Keith Packard has an interesting article about
this in a little more depth

http://keithp.com/blog/Repository_Formats_Matter.html

Since Keith was responding to my troll ;-) I think he makes some good points. Private responses to my blog were mostly about offline support; that seems to be what people care about most that svn doesn't have (and what I was missing, since I'm essentially never offline).

The hangup for me remains the git UI, especially since I'm using Eclipse a lot and would lose the GUI stuff, but also the git command line and web frontends are pretty strange. But, this is probably not such an issue for Fedora as it is for us desktop/web-oriented developers... ;-)

Havoc