Re: Free Software audit update

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

To me, dropping OpenMotif would be real regression.

Clear cut violation of guidelines. Openmotif is proprietary software.

well openmotif is a "it's free for open source" license... so to call it
proprietary... is not entirely fair either.

Ok my wording might not have been entirely appropriate but it doesnt meet the packaging guidelines for either Free software (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/motif.html) or open source software (http://www.opengroup.org/openmotif/faq.html) and should be removed from the distribution.

Rahul