Re: A few newbie editor questions

If you've edited an article, but it still needs an image, you can do the
following:
1. Make sure it's at least in Pending Review status on the WordPress site.
2. Move the card for the article to Queued, and if not done already, you
can add the needs-image tag.

If it does have an image already, you can schedule it:
1. Make sure you've included a good SEO keyword (article should show up at
least amber, preferably green).
2. Fill out the extract/summary that's used on search engines along
with the URL. The summary should be in the form of a call to action, such
as "Learn how to..." or "Read this introduction to..."
3. Set the category (usually is not the default "Fedora Project community)
and also add tags that help with classification and taxxonomy.
4. Set the publication date for 08:00 on the appropriate date, if already
decided, and then hit Schedule.

As for your question about editing... The general approach for an online
publication is that it's OK to make minor edits for typographical errors.
If someone called attention to it in a comment, take a moment to thank them
and indicate that you fixed the article.

Deleting sections is less desirable. It's not like we're the New York
Times, but we also have a responsibility to stand by what's published
(which is why authors/editors work together to make sure the article is as
accurate as possible). I assume you're referring to this comment:
https://fedoramagazine.org/learning-about-partitions-and-how-to-create-them-for-fedora/#comment-492824

The best way to deal with this comment IMHO is just to politely respond.
Your explanation's logical -- whether or not fs corruption was rampant in
ext/ext2 (keeping in mind that extfs size limits made partitioning
sometimes less feasible), your point that separating out partitions to
avoid affecting other parts of the tree seems perfectly valid to me.

In general, I don't think we should remove things once published (except in
a case like a bad/duplicate paste), and in those cases, provide an "EDIT:"
note in the article to show what's changed. Just my $0.02.

Paul