Re: SSH port forwarding article

On Mon, 2019-10-21 at 15:01 -0400, Paul Frields wrote:
> I think I got all the changes done, Jakub -- feel free to take a
> look. This
> article is scheduled to go out on Wednesday at 0800 UTC time.

Thank you for the update.
Now, I have only one minor note about the added GatewayPorts
configuration. It correctly addresses the use case where others people
from example.com need to access the forwarded port, but it does not
modify the remote port forwarding specification, which still uses
"localhost" by default. For the connection to be accessible also from
other hosts, you need to specify it as "-R *:6000:localhost:5000", "-R
0.0.0.0:6000:localhost:5000" or "-R
remove.example.com:6000:localhost:5000" (examples differ slightly
whether also loopback is bound or not, but all should work -- I would
recommend the star notation as it is shortest).

Regards,
Jakub

--
Jakub Jelen