Re: Article draft: lvm-raid-on-fedora

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 12:37:41PM +0200, Radka Janekova wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I skipped pitch because I had already written this on my blog, so I just
> pasted it in, tried to fix things and saved it straight as draft[1]
>
> So on topic of fixing things, I have my specific formatting style on my
> website that is incompatible with Magazine, I fixed those things to line up
> with the Magazine guidelines, however I wasn't sure about some parts of the
> text... I would appreciate any feedback you could throw my way if you feel
> like this could be a good article for Magazine.
>
> I was also wondering whether the current title is okay:
> Build your own RAID Array in Fedora using LVM.
> ...or maybe
> Building RAID 5 on Fedora using LVM
>
> Further I think that I will write a followup about recovering from failure
> when I have some more time again, as described in this[2] comment.
>
> OH and I've no clue what to do about featured image, ideas would be
> welcome... One idea from another contributor was an image of a Fedora
> badger throwing disks at brtfs :D
>

> [1] Draft preview:
> https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=22196&preview=true&preview_id=22196
> [1] Public preview:
> https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=22196&preview=1&_ppp=be3c617e4e
> [2] Comment about possible followup:
> http://rhea-ayase.eu/articles/2018-08/LVM-RAID-on-Fedora#comment-4028888490

Hi Radka, we saw this post come in and discussed in the editorial
meeting.  We prefer to publish original material in the Magazine, as
opposed to reprinting personal blog entries.  Would you be interested
to do some sort of follow-up article, as you described here?

Also, you never need to worry about featured images and such -- we
take care of that part for you.