Re: Feedback needed : Metrics for Fedora Magazine

On 01/15/2018 01:03 PM, Dhanesh B. Sabane wrote:
> Greetings Magazine team!
>
> We at CommOps are aiming to generate metrics for Fedora Magazine which
> can provide us with interesting insights about the articles we post.
>
> To better achieve the goals, we would love to know what kind of metrics
> we can collect that can prove to be helpful for the Magazine team and
> eventually benefit the Fedora Project as a whole.
>
> Please reply to this email or comment on the Pagure ticket[1] and help
> us understand the requirements.
>
> Cheers!
>
> [1] https://pagure.io/fedora-commops/issue/108

Hey all, it would be helpful to have the team discuss this and provide
feedback in a ticket comment or mailing list post before next Friday,
Jan. 26.

The specific goal is look into fedmsg integration via the WordPress REST
API. Ideally, this allows us to automate the creation of helpful,
insightful metrics about the performance of the Magazine, both to help
the editing team and also help other teams in Fedora understand what our
user base is interested and engaged in.

For example, I'd be interested in seeing our best-performing categories
and tags, to help evaluate key interest areas. Other ideas are the usual
metrics Ryan and Paul put together at the end of the year.

It would be helpful to have the "metrics wishlist" either as a comment
in the ticket linked above, or to be listed here on the mailing list.
This will support one of the discussion topics at the CommOps FAD at the
end of the month.

If possible, please try and discuss this before next Friday, Jan. 26.
CommOps is hoping to help drive better insights to the Magazine with
this info. :)

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory