Re: Editorial board recap 2017-Jun-22

On 06/29/2017 04:12 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 07:07:00PM +0000, Justin W. Flory wrote:

>>> I did some light copy editing on the first article this weekend, so
>>> once we can resolve this issue, should be good to go.  It was really
>>> well done, Justin -- looks like this will be a *great* series of
>>> articles!
>>>

>> Thanks for the feedback on this, Eduard… so on a second inspection, it
>> turns out a made a very silly mistake. :)
>>
>> In the part of the article where you download Minikube, I had put this line:
>>
>>     $ curl -Lo minikube
>> https://storage.googleapis.com/minikube/releases/latest/minikube-darwin-amd64
>>
>> Note the `darwin` bit. I had you download the binary for macOS CPU
>> architecture. Whoops! The correct one should be:
>>
>>     $ curl -Lo minikube
>> https://storage.googleapis.com/minikube/releases/latest/minikube-linux-amd64
>>
>> I've since updated this in the article. As of now, it should be working
>> as expected! Do you think you could give it another quick pass for me?
>>
>>     https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=17823&preview=1&_ppp=261ad8d760
>>
>> As a scheduling note, this is for the second article in the series – the
>> first one should be good to schedule for tomorrow if we can get a
>> featured image up for it. :)
>
> Justin, we may want to rethink parts 3 and 4 of the series.  Without a
> doubt, the series idea is fantastic.  However, I have misgivings
> because CoreOS in large part competes directly with the Fedora Atomic
> Host, upstream projectatomic.io, and probably our sponsor as well. :-\
>
> I didn't realize that was the next entry's concentration or I would
> have mentioned something about it.  Is it possible to do something
> here using technologies we're incubating in Fedora?

That's not a problem. Parts 3 and 4 aren't as specific to Fedora anyways
so I can throw them up onto my own blog or somewhere else.

I don't have any topics at the immediate moment, but I'm pretty sure I
can come up with something (might see if I can do something with Buildah
and Kubernetes).

    https://www.projectatomic.io/blog/2017/06/introducing-buildah/

I think we can go ahead with Parts 1 and 2, and I'll move parts 3 and 4
somewhere else. I'll make the appropriate edits to do this later today.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory