Re: Article idea/draft

On 12/13/2016 12:47 AM, Link Dupont wrote:
On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Justin W. Flory <jflory7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/03/2016 01:27 AM, Link Dupont wrote:
Hi folks,

I finished up my freeorion package and it's now pending karma in
Bodhi. I wrote a "FreeOrion is coming to Fedora" article that I
thought could be a cool way to tie back to the article last month
about compiling and installing FreeOrion manually. Now that freeorion
has an official package, I tried to angle this article with "how you
can help contribute". I explain Bodhi briefly, and provide links to
the packages.

I wrote an initial draft, but I think it needs some rework. I feel
like it could be structured as:

1) Introduction - remember the other FreeOrion article? Well now
freeorion is coming to Fedora, but...
2) It needs your help! Install with updates-testing and try out the
game. Provide feedback on Bodhi.
3) What is Bodhi? Why does a staging/testing service exist? (maybe
expose a bit of the "behind-the-curtain" about what purpose Bodhi
serves to Fedora?)

Preview: https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=15847&preview=1&_ppp=06669b0ad0

Hey Link, thanks for helping work on this! I think this one might have
missed the last editorial board meeting (couldn't find a mention of it
in the logs). Since it's been some time since you sent this, I think
it be in the stable repos proper now. After this week, I can spend
some time to get it ready and add it to the publishing schedule (but I
won't be able to do anything until next week).

Sorry it's taken so long for you to get a response here.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory

I revamped the article to the point where I *think* it's good for
editing. I also revoked the freeorion updates in Bodhi since I fixed an
upstream issue with license files. I'll be submitting a new build to
Bodhi, so we can actually synchronize the publishing of the article with
the releasing of the updates to testing. So whenever the stars align, we
can publish both. My guess is after the holidays though, since schedules
and vacations make coordination crazy.

~link

Cool, thanks for the update, Link. Aiming this article for the start of 2017 might be a good idea because I'm sure we'll be looking for content right around then as people get back from the holiday period. If there's any more news, let us know on the list, otherwise, we can tentatively aim for an early 2017 publication if that sounds good to you! Thanks again for your time here.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory