Re: Article idea/draft

On 12/03/2016 01:27 AM, Link Dupont wrote:
Hi folks,

I finished up my freeorion package and it's now pending karma in Bodhi. I wrote a "FreeOrion is coming to Fedora" article that I thought could be a cool way to tie back to the article last month about compiling and installing FreeOrion manually. Now that freeorion has an official package, I tried to angle this article with "how you can help contribute". I explain Bodhi briefly, and provide links to the packages.

I wrote an initial draft, but I think it needs some rework. I feel like it could be structured as:

1) Introduction - remember the other FreeOrion article? Well now freeorion is coming to Fedora, but...
2) It needs your help! Install with updates-testing and try out the game. Provide feedback on Bodhi.
3) What is Bodhi? Why does a staging/testing service exist? (maybe expose a bit of the "behind-the-curtain" about what purpose Bodhi serves to Fedora?)

Preview: https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=15847&preview=1&_ppp=06669b0ad0

Hey Link, thanks for helping work on this! I think this one might have missed the last editorial board meeting (couldn't find a mention of it in the logs). Since it's been some time since you sent this, I think it be in the stable repos proper now. After this week, I can spend some time to get it ready and add it to the publishing schedule (but I won't be able to do anything until next week).

Sorry it's taken so long for you to get a response here.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory