Re: Effective license analysis: required or not?

Richard Fontana wrote:
> Apparently Doxygen injects various pieces of minified JavaScript

Sphinx does similar things.

> Anyway, I would guess no Fedora package maintainer of a package that
> has a Doxygen docs subpackage is taking this issue into account when
> thinking about License: tags.

I'm a counterexample, or maybe I'm just the exception that confirms the
rule. I have text like this in some of my spec files:

%package doc
BuildArch:      noarch
License:        AdaCore-doc AND MIT AND BSD-2-Clause
# License for the documentation is AdaCore-doc. The Javascript and CSS files
# that Sphinx includes with the documentation are BSD 2-Clause and MIT-licensed.

I wish Sphinx would put those files in a subpackage that documentation
packages could depend on, instead of multiplying them all over the
distribution. Then I wouldn't have to analyze their licenses for my
License tags, and would have more time for useful work. The dependency
should preferably be added automatically.

Björn Persson