Re: Effective license analysis: required or not?

I'm concerned about the assumption that algebraic simplifications on license expressions will "work". I believe that this is a thing that needs to be proved. I've spent some time trying to prove it, and I think I may have, but I am not done yet. Consider that every rule, exp_1 -> exp_2, for transforming a Boolean expression must obey the following meta-rule: For every valuation of the Boolean variables occurring in exp_1 and exp_2, the value of exp_1 must be equal to the value of exp_2. That is what justifies every rule. It is not actually clear how that idea extends to license expressions and hence not clear if the AND and OR operators in license expressions can be treated identically to those for Boolean expressions when transforming the license expressions.