Re: Fwd: SPDX Statistics - Easter edition

On 4/9/23 10:43 PM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
Dne 10. 04. 23 v 0:24 Richard Fontana napsal(a):
I have a question. FlexiBLAS is GPLv3 with the "Linking over a
controlled interface" exception [1], but I don't see how to specify
this.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/FlexiBLAS_as_BLAS/LAPACK_manager#License
Please submit an issue at
https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data/-/issues
For more information, see:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/legal/license-review-process/

I see that Inaki already submitted the issue and have his issue in progress, so I this will be for others - here is example of such process:

adding one step here :)

I had similar issue where `datovka` uses `GPLv3+ with exceptions` and I cannot find the exception in SPDX list. So I opened

https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data/-/issues/126

after short discussion whether it is similar to something existing, Jilayne and Richard suggested that this is indeed something new and I opened

 https://github.com/spdx/license-list-XML/issues/1912

Once the SPDX will create indicator for this,

(this should be by way of a decision as to inclusion of the exception to the SPDX License List and a pull request made to add it to the SPDX License List - the PR can by made by the submitter (in this case Miroslav) or wait for someone from SPDX-legal to do it :)

I will open MR and create the file in

 https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data/-/tree/main/data

using this template

 https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data/-/blob/main/TEMPLATE.toml

and when merged, I can use this SPDX identifier in Fedora's package.

Miroslav