Re: Request for adding licenses from Vim into allowed licenses

On Wed, Apr 5, 2023 at 7:22 AM Zdenek Dohnal <zdohnal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've found the following licenses in Vim package, which aren't in
> allowed licenses:
>
> Apache License v2.0 with Runtime Library Exception - see
> https://swift.org/LICENSE.txt or
> https://scancode-licensedb.aboutcode.org/apache-2.0-runtime-library-exception.html

This is what SPDX calls Swift-exception. Please submit an issue at
https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data to add `Apache-2.0
WITH Swift-exception`.

See: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/legal/license-review-process/

> Open Publication License, v1.0 or later - see
> http://www.opencontent.org/openpub/

Ignoring the 'or later' issue, this license (SPDX: OPUBL-1.0) is
generally classified as "not allowed" with a usage note that says
it is allowed for documentation "if the copyright holder does not
exercise any of the “LICENSE OPTIONS” listed in Section VI".
https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data/-/blob/main/data/OPUBL-1.0.toml
(I think we did it this way because under our new system prohibiting
it by default while stating an exception was the most convenient way
to express the policy, which has been in place in Fedora for at least
~15 years.)

Richard