Re: SPX Change proposal

Dne 10. 05. 22 v 9:17 Florian Weimer napsal(a):
For individual packages, should Fedora use the SPDX identifiers employed
by upstream, or the ones we believe match the actual license of the
package?

Good question.

I think this is the same situation as we have right now. I have seen SW which claims to be licensed under MIT license, but actually some files were under differente license. So we have in SPEC file:

# file foo.c is licensed under GPL
# everything else is MIT
License: MIT and GPL

To answer your question - you should use the identifier the you believe match the actual license and document the difference from upstream in comment above the tag. Ideally with the link to upstream issue.

Miroslav