Re: How to make a Pagure Pull Request and How it is licensed by default for contributors outside of 'packagers' group ?

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 7:06 PM Richard Fontana <rfontana@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would assert that the "unlicensed
> contribution" scenario contemplated by the FPCA is actually going to
> be fairly rare apart from the special case of spec files, which the
> FPCA was particularly aimed at. In the typical case, a Fedora-related
> project makes clear what the applicable license of a repository (or of
> files within a repository) is/are, and under the "inbound=outbound"
> convention, that will be understood to be the license of the
> contribution.

I've never heard about "inbound=outbound convention".

I understand your answer as that:
it is irrelevant whether the contributor specified the license (e.g.
text "I submit this under GPL-2.0 license" in the pull request
comment) or whether none was specified, or whether the FPCA was
accepted by the contributor; since every contributor to a code (let's
say a single package repository) is always legally assumed to be under
the license othe code of that package has, unless specified
differently by the contributor.

Is my understanding correct ?

Michal

--