Re: Caldera? license, OpenSolaris license?

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 09:28:36AM -0600, Jilayne Lovejoy wrote:

On 10/26/21 9:20 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 08:45:13AM -0600, Jilayne Lovejoy wrote:
This variant of the 4-clause BSD license is on the SPDX License List
but with an additional lead-in section: see:
https://spdx.org/licenses/Caldera.html

Does anyone have any idea as to how prevalent this license is? I'm
wondering why this variant removes the first paragraph. (Perhaps
SPDX should mark that first paragraph as optional.)
Since we don't have a complete exploded, searchable repository of all of the
packages in Fedora¹,
is there a project to create this?!? that would be awesome... I'd donate! ;)
I don't have a quick way to check, but the string
(case-insensitive) "caldera" does not appear in any of the files under
/usr/share/licenses/ on my system.
is /usr/share/licenses/ a complete collection? seems like this license would likely appear in the files themselves? (but back to... no way to search that easily)?

/usr/share/licenses contains the license files of the installed
packages on the system.  So no, it's not the entirety of Fedora.  Only
the Fedora you have installed.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Red Hat, Inc. | Boston, MA | EST5EDT