Re: The FPCA’s “Moral Rights Clause Waiver” should be updated for CC BY-SA 4.0

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 03:40:42PM -0400, Richard Fontana wrote:
> > That sounds like a clerical update rather than actually any policy change,
> > so presumably we can just make the edit without sending out new
> > announcements, etc?
>
> Makes sense to me, but that's probably a question for the Fedora Council. :-)

Fair, so let me return a question to you. :) The change to be made would be:

1. Remove the clause "supplemented by Moral Rights Clause Waiver and GPL
   Relicensing Permission" where that appears, and

2. the whole paragraph defining "Moral Rights Clause Waiver", and

3. replace "Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 3.0 Unported" in the FAQ
   with "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0" where it appears, and

4. entirely remove the question in the FAQ referring to that clause.

Is there anything we need to do to note that for content to which the old
default license applies, the 4d waiver was waived? Or can that just be a
matter for the archives in the unlikely event it ever comes up?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>