Re: Nmap Public Source License (NPSL) Version 0.92

* Ben Cotton:

> After review, Fedora has determined that the Nmap Public Source
> License (NPSL) Version 0.92[1] is not acceptable for use in Fedora. We
> have updated our "Bad License" list[2] to include NPSL. No software
> under that license may be included in Fedora (including EPEL and
> COPRs).
>
> The license includes restrictions on "proprietary software companies",
> which is a field of endeavor restriction contrary to the Open Source
> Definition[3]. If future versions of the NPSL are released, they will
> be re-evaluated for use in Fedora.
>
> [1] https://nmap.org/npsl/npsl-annotated.html
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main#Bad_Licenses
> [3] https://opensource.org/osd

Just to be clear: These changes are the result of the changes to the
actual license text, and the previous license is still acceptable to
Fedora?  (It would theoretically be possible that as part of the review,
it became clear that upstream's and Fedora's interpretation of the
previous license terms had been different, and upstream's interpretation
is incompatible with Fedora's requirements.)

Thanks,
Florian
--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael O'Neill