Re: CNEWS license

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 12:49 AM Jerry James <loganjerry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 10:33 AM Jens-Ulrik Petersen
<petersen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am trying to package¹ editline² for Fedora,

Please check the libedit package and see if that is the same as what
you are trying to package.

How many readline compatible libraries do we need, right?
Apparently editline originates from minix.

I am packaging editline because it is a (recent) dependency of nix alas.
(nix itself can't be packaged properly in Fedora anyway because of '/nix'.)
Probably it could be retrofitted to use libedit instead but I don't really want to do that.
So adding editline will make it easier to build nix for Fedora.

Thanks, Jens