Re: Lua Logo license text (restricted modifications)

* Pamela Chestek:

> I am, as described - a sharey license on the logo in the code and
> restrictions on the use in trademark guidelines.

Isn't that quite common?

For example, the trademark license published by the Eclipse Foundation
attempts to use trademarks to prevent redistribution of modified
sources without full-scale renaming of everything:

| Unless otherwise agreed to in advance in writing (which may be in
| email form) by Eclipse, the following restrictions apply:
| […]
| Nobody other than Eclipse open source projects may develop or
| maintain software packages that use 'org.eclipse' in their namespace

<https://www.eclipse.org/legal/logo_guidelines.php>

But your initial observation applies here as well—these additional
restrictions are rather deeply buried on their web site.