Re: allowed content in copr

On 12/5/18 3:57 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> Please clarify what "violates any rules or guidelines of the Fedora
> Project" [1] means.
>
> My understanding that this does NOT mean all the Fedora Packaging
> Guidelines and Update guidelines, since that would defeat the purpose
> of copr to a large extent. In other words, I assume that packages
> in copr cannot contain "bad" content, but it can be packaged in
> arbitrary ways. The text can be read both ways.
>
> This in context of discussion on fedora-devel [2].
> As shown by that thread, people have contradictory explanations
> so some clarification is needed.
>
> My suggestion would be to strike point e. from the list.
>
> [1] https://docs.pagure.org/copr.copr/user_documentation.html#what-i-can-build-in-copr
> [2] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/message/LPMJQ6H7HYU4MDKZWOI4YCXHH24ZOTS7/

Here are some definitions:

Good: Package meets all Fedora Packaging Guidelines && Package has no
Legal issues

Bad: Package has Legal Issues, may or may not meet the remainder of
Fedora Packaging Guidelines

Ugly: Package does not have Legal Issues, does not meet Fedora Packaging
Guidelines

You may put "Good" and "Ugly" packages in a Copr.
You may put "Good" packages into Fedora.
You cannot put "Bad" packages in either.

hth,

~tom