Re: Software whose only purpose is to breach web site terms of service

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 10:35:57AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Is it appropriate for Fedora to ship software whose only purpose is to
> violate terms of service of web sites, such as restrictions like this?
>
> “
> You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than
> the video playback pages of the Service itself, the Embeddable Player, or
> other explicitly authorized means […] may designate.
> ”
>
> The software is specifically designed to circumvent restrictions the web
> site operator has put in place to prevent offline viewing of content.

You didn't indicate which software you refer to.

Spot can advise more here, certainly.  My recollection is Fedora
hasn't generally assessed software based on how people use it, with
very specific exceptions.  Any software that can be used to subvert
ToS could also be used by the site operator to test countermeasures,
so this seems to me an unwise place to draw a line.