Re: NTP license question

On 06/27/2018 01:09 PM, Severin Gehwolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm reviewing OpenJDK and licensecheck pointed me at:
>
> http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/file/cf09f0b56efd/src/jdk.crypto.cryptoki/share/native/libj2pkcs11/pkcs11.h
>
> to be NTP. Is "NTP" this license?
> https://opensource.org/licenses/NTP
>
> If that's the case, why isn't it listed in the "Good Licenses" list here?
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main?rd=Licensing#Good_Licenses
>
> What's the license of the above file?

Teasing this apart:

1, The "NTP" license is just the MIT license, which is why we do not
have "NTP" in our Good License list.

2. That file (pkcs11) is not under the NTP variant of the MIT license.
It could be argued that it is a variant of the NTP variant of the MIT
license... but that road leads to madness, and since the SPDX model
frowns upon the ideas of variants... The wording is unique enough to
merit adding it as a new license for the list, so I have done so,
calling it "RSA".

So just swap "RSA" for NTP in that OpenJDK license list.

~tom