Re: Don't Be a Dick Public License

On 3.5.2018 03:28, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
I stumbled across a piece of code under the "Don't Be a Dick Public
License", which has a convenient web site: http://www.dbad-license.org/

Yeah, it's another "semi-joke" license.  Supposed to be funny, but
confusing and contradictory.

The author(s) of this awesome license may think their license is free. From the README[1]:

> As developers we all want to protect our code from dicks that try to
> steal, sell, infringe or just generally rip us off. For this we have
> licenses like GPL, MIT, etc.
>
> Sometimes however, you release a project where you just don't care
> what happens to the code. For this Sam Hocevar created the WTFPL which
> is a brilliant license.
>
> For those of you who want something in between, try the DBAD license.

I wouldn't say that DBAD is between GPL/MIT and WTFPL. That statement is completely bogus. If you care about this, it might be a good idea to inform the authors that they are actually being the Ds in here.

[1] https://github.com/philsturgeon/dbad
--
Miro Hrončok