'Fedora' app on Google Play Store

Hello, I contacted Adam Williamson about this last night and he asked me to report it somewhere more official. Here seems the logical place. Please take action if necessary to get the app removed from Google Play Store. Below is a complete copy of what I sent him.

"Hello Adam, are you aware of this app in the Play Store and did Fedora Project sanction the usage of the incorrect 'Fedora' developer name and logos associated with it? The permissions required also seem way over the top for what the app supposedly does.

It came to my attention because someone posted a question about it on FedoraForum.org today. I'm one of the forum staff there so wanted to check out what was going on with the app. I raised this thread in the forum staff lounge and another admin further raised my suspicions about the legitimacy of the app.

The developer name is Fedora, not Fedora Project and the contact email seems to be a made up gmail account.

So to say it raises a few warning flags is an under statement. To me, it seems like someone is passing off as 'Fedora' when they have no actual connection to Fedora Project other than being a potentially over enthusiastic user.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fedoraqa.fedora&hl=en

If you collectively decide it needs taking down, then someone from Fedora Project with an official connection could start the process by reporting the app via the link on the store page above. I believe they'll take more notice if it comes from an official representative rather than a user.

regards,

Mike Simms"