Re: FSF All Permissive License for AppStream Metadata

On 03/03/2018 01:23 AM, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> Hi. One of my package (printrun) has this:
>
>     # AppData is CC0
>     License:        GPLv3+ and CC0
>
> Since the last time I've touched it, the license of AppStream metadata
> files has changed [1] to FSFAP [2].
>
>     <metadata_license>FSFAP</metadata_license>
>
> What should I use in the License tag? I didn't find the license at our
> list at [3]. Or is it just considered part of GPL, so I keep just that?
>
> Do I need to announce this change (that IMHO changes no meaning what so
> ever) on devel mailing list?

Use:

License: GPLv3+ and FSFAP

You do not need to announce the change, since the appdata went from "in
the public domain, except where not allowed, then a permissive license
applies" to "a permissive license applies", and it is functionally
improbable that anything is dependent upon the printrun appdata AND
would be affected by the change in permissive license wording.

~tom