Re: CP/M license

On 02/27/2018 03:03 PM, Eric Smith wrote:
> As of 2001, CP/M, originally from Digital Research, was released under a
> license that has been reported as open source:
>
>     http://www.cpm.z80.de/license.html
>
> On the one hand, I'm concerned with the phrase "as part of the
> 'Unofficial CP/M Web Site", but on the other hand, that is immediately
> followed by "with its maintainers, developers and community", which
> seems broadly inclusive.
>
> Is this license satisfactory for Fedora?

My reading is that this is a permissive open source license. I would
argue that Fedora, in the act of distributing the CP/M technology found
on the 'Unofficial CP/M Web Site', is part of the community (as well as
anyone downstream of Fedora).

That said, the wording is weird, so I'm deferring to Richard.

~tom