[Fedora-legal-list] Re: COPR rules regarding ‘contrib’ (Was: libdvdcss package in COPR)

Dne 9.1.2018 v 12:11 Dmitry Alexandrov napsal(a):
> Just out of curiosity...  As far as I know, it is not allowed to include in Fedora free software that is useless without some nonfree one (‘contrib’ in Debian lingo) — free game engines that require nonfree art is the most notable category.
>
> Yet OpenXCOM [0] or OpenRCT2 [1] are shipped in COPR.
>
> Or is that an ethical reason rather than legal?  If yes, is there something else that is ethical for COPR but not for Fedora?

This is fine in Copr.

Originally, I even wanted to have more relaxed list of licenses for Copr. E.g., Zimbra license is IMO fine for Copr,
because we do not have concept of proven packagers for Copr.
But that would require quite a lot of work from lawyers so we are playing on the safe side and the list of licenses are
the same as for Fedora itself. But the packaging guidelines does not apply.

Miroslav