Re: License of jnlp-servlet.jar - part of Oracle JDK

Hi Dalibor,

[It seems the fedora legal list somehow dropped your response, so
keeping on CC.]

On Thu, 2017-04-27 at 10:31 +0200, dalibor topic wrote:
> the issue has been marked as resolved.

Thanks. Apparently some legal issues do indeed take years to resolve :)
But nice to see the license text being clarified now.

> After downloading 8u131 demos and samples from
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
> I took a quick look at some of files and they seemed fixed.

Yes I couldn't find the "nuclear facility" clause anywhere anymore in
http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/8u131-b11-demos/d54c1d3a095b4ff2b6607d096fa80163/jdk-8u131-linux-x64-demos.tar.gz
And the "Oracle BSD License" now seems to simply be the standard BSD
license without any extra terms.

Do note that there are still files (all under sample/jnlp/ except for
the GNUmakefile) that refer to SUN in the disclaimer text (instead of
ORACLE or leaving the company name out). But I assume that is fine.

Thanks,

Mark