Re: PointOne Public License

On 01/09/2017 09:45 PM, David Muse wrote:
> PointOne Public License

Okay, this one is weird. The first part is an MIT variant, the second is
a ZPL 1.0 variant. The wording "FOR ORIGINAL CREATIONS" and "FOR
MODIFIED DISTRIBUTIONS" is not clear. I'm not sure which license would
apply in what situations when the PointOne Public License is in use.

The MIT variant is functionally equivalent to the OSI "normal" MIT, just
more verbose in that it describes a split between source and binary
handling, whereas stock MIT just says "the Software"

The ZPL 1.0 variant (aside from the "why ZPL 1.0 vs the 2.0/2.1 fixed
version) is archaic. Digital Creations doesn't exist anymore, the URLS
in it are invalid. It's GPL incompatible, but its Free.

I don't think PointOne Telecommunications is around anymore to help shed
light on this license, so I'm choosing to interpret it as "ZPL 1.0 or
MIT". Use that tag in your package (in addition to any other licenses in
play).

~tom

==
Red Hat