"Fedora Incubator/Innovator/Experimental" branding

I have an idea¹ for creating a label for experimental/innovative work
within the Fedora Project which is not ready to be (or maybe is never
intended to be) Official Fedora. For example, release engineering wants
to make sure that all bits that are "official" go through releng
processes — which is totally reasonable, and helps support the high
quality people have come to expect from the Fedora name. At the same
time, we have a charter to be leaders, and to do that we need a space
where we can be more flexible.

The secondary mark (Fedora Remix) can provide an avenue for this, but
it's made for work done entirely outside of the Fedora project
umbrella. I'd like some way to label projects which are done by Fedora
developers using Fedora resources and in line with the Fedora foundations
but which are not part of the traditional OS or infrastructure with all
of the expectations those things bring.

>From a legal standpoint: a) does this make sense and b) what would we
need to do make it happen?

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/council-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/message/UMUXRADSRXI3WPKSKQGLYGHJFCBG53QO/