Game emulators in Copr

Hello,

Fedora guidelines prohibit[1] the inclusion of game system emulators since they all require proprietary, and copy protected, ROM files in order to be useful.

Those wishing to ship these programs for Fedora have placed them in RPMFusion.

Copr is starting to house[2] builds of game emulators. These builds will still require ROMs just as if they were in Fedora.

Copr guidelines[3] (item e) also prohibit anything that Fedora prohibits. However, Miroslav, via private mail, believes this emulator is not against Copr guidelines.

What say you, legal?

Thanks,
Michael

PS. I'm not "anti-game" - I love NES/SNES systems - however I believe in our guidelines and want to see them uniformly applied to Coprs. Coprs should NOT be a "safe" area to build packages. That's what RPMFusion is for.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:LicensingGuidelines?rd=Packaging/LicensingGuidelines#Emulators
[2] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/brollylssj/higan/
[3] https://fedorahosted.org/copr/wiki/UserDocs#WhatIcanbuildinCopr