Re: TeX licensing

FW> Richard's recent comments regarding the MMIX license (which is
FW> derived from the licenses for other (C)WEB programs) reminded me of
FW> a different issue.

It wasn't all that long ago that TeXlive underwent a rather significant
and time consuming license audit.  I know that spot, along with others,
put in a huge amount of time to get everything in shape and remove bits
from our texlive packaging that weren't freely licensed.  TeX doesn't
change very quickly so I would be quite surprised if things had
regressed since then.

Some of the discussion can be found in the thread beginning here:

https://www.tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2011-December/030735.html

 - J<