Understanding of 'Compatibility Matrix' granularity?

The GPL Compatibility Matrix [1] says statements like:

  "I want to release a project under:",
  "I want to copy code under:" and
  "I want to use (link to) a library under:"

I found this terribly confusing.  While majority of FOSS projects have a
lot of binaries and libraries, each of them might be licensed differently.

I suggest to change that wording to:

  "I want to release a part of project (e.g. binary or library) under:"

And similarly for the remaining parts of [1] wiki page.  Sorry if I missed
some important fact.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main?rd=Licensing#GPLCompatibilityMatrix

Thanks, Pavel