Re: libdvdcss and XFS status

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> Saw message [1]. I understand that we need more meat on that bone to
> say anything specific. That said, is there are chance that we could add
> libdvdcss and XFS to fedora (libdvdcss is my primary interest)?

Debian ships mp3 decoders/encoders as well as ffmpeg/libav.  Does Fedora?  My point is that just because Debian (or any other distribution) ships something doesn't mean that Fedora will... especially if it is something that patent holders seek royalties for and Red Hat could potentially get sued over.

Of course I'm not a lawyer, I'm just a causal reader of this mailing list so I look forward to seeing the more official answer RSN.

And I assume you meant ZFS rather than XFS, right?

Luckily folks who want those sorts of things can find them in third-party repos that are fairly well supported.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street