Re: Privacy policy

On 03/17/2015 09:32 AM, Tristan Santore wrote:
> On 17/03/15 16:40, Tom Callaway wrote:

>>> Tom, Could we at least link to that github resource then ? I
>>> think it is more about transparency and information
>>> transmission to community members.
>>
>> Again, I'm hesitant to include that directly in the privacy
>> policy. If they stop using github, or that file, or if we stop
>> using abrt for some reason, we then have to go through the
>> process of revising the privacy policy and informing the entire
>> fedora community. That process is non-trivial. :/
>>

>> ~tom
>>
>> == Red Hat
>>
> Yeah I see your point. Bit irritating, but it is what it is.

Would it make sense to have a stand-alone wiki page that lists such
details, and have that page linked from the privacy policy as "here is
a list of updated stuff we collect and how"?

Another option is to have the page but not link it from the privacy
policy, then publicize/socialize it separately.

- - Karsten
- --
Karsten 'quaid' Wade        .^\          CentOS Doer of Stuff
http://TheOpenSourceWay.org    \  http://community.redhat.com
@quaid (identi.ca/twitter/IRC)  \v'             gpg: AD0E0C41