Re: Privacy policy

Hi Tom,

copy-pasting my previous answer about the nature of data collected (it may have been in another thread):
"""
The data contained in the automatic bug report (uReport) is described here:
https://github.com/abrt/faf/wiki/uReport
It was designed with anonymity as a requirement and doesn't contain any user sensitive data, only a simple backtrace and some statistical info like OS version and related package versions.
We don't save IP addresses where the reports are coming from.

Reporting to Bugzilla may contain sensitive data (coredump), but is manual, for advanced users only and the user is required to do a review of the data.
"""
I would add that if a user uploads to Bugzilla, he's agreeing to Bugzilla's privacy policy, so that case probably doesn't concern Fedora directly.

Right now, processed data is begin stored for indefinite time in the database, the original uReport files uploaded are archived for approx. one year.

If you need anything more or to clarify something, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Thank you.

Marek